MDC Wellness Works CEU Training
Welcome future presenters of MDC’s newest CEU! The title is Wellness Works: How Harnessing the Power of Indoor Environmental Quality Enhances the Occupant Experience. With this deeply researched CEU will help you tell the story of how the spaces that people occupy are affected by their surroundings. Your designers are familiar with this topic, but this presentation will help connect the dots into the “why” of the matter. Don’t be surprised if participants of the class ask you for supporting evidence so that they can present the information to their own clients to support a design decision.
Just like the last CEU, you will be able to discuss MDC products at the end. This CEU will lend itself nicely to being able to share the newest developments in acoustics and even digital products. Again, we’ll look at various vertical markets for examples of how an improved Indoor environmental quality will benefit the occupants, so the flow should feel familiar and help you absorb this content.
Just as in previous presentations, you may talk about a relevant case study, however, you may not speak of any product specifically, nor may you speak about any project they are working on, but you can discuss the benefits of, for example, nature in a space, or improved acoustics being important to the space.
This is a self-paced study program designed to prepare you to become a certified presenter of the CEU. We have provided for you a number of tools to help you familiarize yourself with the material. This page will be the place you can come to get:
- The CEU presentation in PowerPoint format
- The official “script” (Remember, no one is supposed to memorize anything! It’s there for guidance)
- 4 videos that will align with each of the learning objectives
- Links to online quizzes to support your learning
- Full bibliography that you are free to share with your clients
Here are the steps to becoming a certified CEU presenter.
- Download the CEU and go through the slides a little to orient yourself with the presentation.
- Read the provided articles to give you background on some key points of the content. These aren’t the only articles that we used to source the information in the presentation, but these should give you a decent grounding. If at all possible, you should read as many of the articles as possible from the full bibliography. The more you read up on the research, the more you’ll be able to make this presentation your own.
- Watch/listen to the provided recordings. These will be available to you to use as you get up to speed and then also as you need to freshen up on the content if you go awhile between presentations. Recordings for each of the Learning Objectives of the presentations are provided in video format so you can see the slide as it is being explained. The other recording is an audio-only file for listening on the go—both are the same content except for the absence/presence of the video.
- Take the four quizzes below that will cover the content in the presentation. Once you have gotten 80% or higher on all four quizzes, reach out to Maureen Estrada firstname.lastname@example.org who will complete the process of your certification.
- Practice! Remember that the more often you give this presentation the better it will be. Pro tip: Present to your friendliest accounts first, not your best accounts. Work out your kinks on the people who will still use you and your products even if it isn’t your best presentation ever.
Articles that would be beneficial for you to read to support your path to becoming certified.
Quick point for you, these quizzes are not about the videos. All of the questions in the quizzes can come from each of the learning objectives and each of the sections.